April 9, 2014

Wednesday's Words of Wisdom - Dream your dreams

Last week I finished my internship at the veterinary clinic in Rotterdam. I got the chance to meet several veterinarians, and not only did I learn different techniques in veterinary practice, I also learned some lessons about life. My mentor motivated me everyday and showed me some insight in his career and his view on becoming professional, but also, becoming happy in life. Some of the things that he taught me are things that he tries to do himself everyday and got him to the position where he is now: the manager of five successful veterinary clinics. 

What he taught me was: Learn new things everyday and never stop developing yourself. Learn from your mistakes, evaluate and try to figure out what you can do better next time. This development may take years, you're not going to be perfect at your job instantly. And you can never be perfect, you can only do the best you can. Most important, is to always set your own goals. And of course, to do what you love.

xx
Ivanna


No comments:

Post a Comment